There’s always plenty to do in London on any given week, and with a huge number of free things to do, even those visiting the Rose Park Hotel on a budget can get the most out of the city.
- Wednesday is Burns Night, and what better way to celebrate than at the Rob Roy pub with a proper piper from 6pm (food and drink to be paid for).
- On Thursday you can visit Fortean London featuring Mark Pilkington, Geraldine Beskin & John Rimmer 7.30-10pm upstairs at The Bell pub, 50 Middlesex Street E1 7EX (£3/£2 concessions).
- The Imprint Festival kicks off on Friday at The Serpentine Gallery’s Centre for Possible Studies. There will be contemporary art, storytelling, paper dolls, music and much more from noon, evening event from 6pm (free but donation appreciated)
- Saturday sees the Big Garden Birdwatch – spend an hour gazing at the avian life in nearby Hyde Park.
- Round off the weekend by joining in the Chinese New Year celebrations in Trafalgar Square and Chinatown on Sunday (free).